Had been getting dependency problems on Ubuntu 11.04 (was using gnome3 ppa)
satheesh@dhcp-maa-125-17-130-186-08:02:22-~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
[sudo] password for satheesh:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
evince-common : Breaks: evince (< 3.0.0-0ubuntu1) but 3.0.0-0ubuntu1~build1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
The following fixed,
satheesh@dhcp-maa-125-17-130-186-09:31:31-~$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall evince
Then did reinstall of gnome-session-bin and gnome-session-common and installed gnome-session
I was looking for green themes/colors for my GNOME. GNOME colors solved my problem. I did the following,
$ sudo apt-get install gnome-wise-icon-theme gnome-colors arc-colors
* Icons – GNOME-wise (green)
* Colors – Selected items : Background = #547722
* Controls – can be any ( I had clearlooks)
* Local : Arc-Wise GDM (Green)
* Background = #547722
This is my first post from Drivel 3.0 on Ubuntu 9.04. Looks cool.
Motorola / Redington Services
Problem description :
– battery drains so often
– headset doesn’t work – problem with the socket – gets disconnected often (loose connection).
– FM isn’t audible
Logged on 22/Oct @ Redington, Alwarpet ( with warranty )
I was told to get back after a few days to know the status.
As I called after 3-4 days, it was told that some problem with RF board and was sent to bangalore office. I was told that it might take 2 weeks.
Again I called up after 2 weeks, no update. I was told will take another two weeks. I was waiting almost a month but with no idea of whats going on to my mobile. Then I logged a complaint with Motorola (24th Nov). Motorola claimed that it will take atmost 20 days even in the worst case when they might have to import the goods from singapore and I was informed that by 27th Nov I’ll get the status (from Motorola). No response from both Redington as well as Motorola. I tried to reach Motorola over toll free number for two days and to the worst the calls were unanswered.
After a week, dialed Redginton to get the status, suprise!! seems the mobile was ready and I was asked to get it back. It is not an easy process to get the mobile back. After getting the mobile, just turned it on. Bull shit!! Display was gone.. It was working fine. These guys replaced RF board and didn’t re-connect it to my display. They refused to take it back and was asked to re-login (file a new complaint). Then I forced and talked to some person over there and they accepted to take it for observation again(1st dec) – again now its back to them and was told to wait one day to know the status.
The next day I just walked in to get the mobile. Sir, Wait! Sir, Wait! The delivery boy went inside the lab and didn’t turn back. He came back after an hour with a mobile, I was eager to get it, unfortunately its not mine someone else was waiting for hours to get that. When I enquired and told him that I m there and was waiting for almost an hour. The boy said, engineer is looking at the issue now only and will take time wait and get it. Again an hour. Got the mobile, was trying to check it. As usual, they returned mobile back with battery dried out. On returning home and charging the mobile, found that FM – sound good, display – looks good, except that I had the feel that board is not placed in the correct position and the slider doesn’t open and close properly but its ok, some how they gave back my mobile. On dialing found that I’m not able hear the sound that the person on the other side speaks. Arg!!! these guys again missed out something else.. Went back to the center (Dec 5th) next day and reported the problem. Nothing much, wait for hours, engineer will look at the issue (this is just told.. you know nothing on who is there and what he is doing..). After sometime the boy told the spares might not be available and it might take time, he might have to take it from somewhere else and connect it.. Ah god.. Its my new mobile ( with warranty ). I had been to that service center for more than 4-5 days and it was not even a single face that left with a smile.
(1) Motorola being a giant in the mobiles, I didn’t expect that they care nothing about the consumers and the support. Do they have some process for customer servicing? Why do they even have to tie with such a servicing center that just shucks!! Do they really care about the defects and complaints ??
I recently had serviced my Honda Activa in a local service center (@ Erode), even those guys had a standard process. It took just one day for them to service my vehicle I gave it in the morning, was told to get back by evening and I got the scooter back in the evening ( of course had to wait some time ) and after a few days, I got a call from the service center to check how the scooter works after servicine and when I told there some minor problem, I was told to get in there and they will look at it.
But this mobile service center and the M*T* mobile isn’t worth of it and I’ll never again go for it.
I have used Nokia/Samsung/Sony Ericsson and recently I have switched to Motorola EM325. Finally I made up the decision to post my bad experiences with this mobile/model. My intension is not to promote some ABC mobile/model, I’m just sharing my points that I had noted these days with my mobile/model.
- Contacts, you don’t have the distribution lists as in Nokia. Just to send Good Morning/Night wishes to my friends I had to select a-z contacts every day. There is an attribute called “Category” which is useful only to search the contacts. At least I could have had an option to send sms to a category.
- Could not add more than one number for the same contact. Say I have a friend X, who has a land line number xxx and a mobile number yyy. It is still two contacts with same name and (same or different, in this case different) number type (Mobile, Home, Office etc..)
- Contact quick search is limited to 4 characters.
- The GPRS is always on. (The icon saying GPRS next to network strength). Am still searching for a way to turn it off.
- The most annoying thing that I have faced is when sending a message, if there is an incoming call, Bang!! we can neither answer nor ignore it. I have to use the sliders to ignore it or wait till the caller cuts. I still doubt in case that message being sent was intended to many contacts, does it deliver to all?? I doubt it.
- When the message sending fails, it reports by the number being used, if it is more than one it lists (hope) the numbers, Does it mean that I have to remember everyone’s number and go ahead with further processing (resending to those recipients). why can’t it just say by contact rather than using the number.
- The second most annoying problem that I had experienced is with the music library. When I had the 2GB Memory card. It took very very long time to just open up the music library.(Now with 1GB memory card it takes almost a minute to load the music library).
- If you do not close music library/player smoothly (if you close by pressing the red button when playing the music or some other means – perhaps I find no other way to close the music player), the next time you load the music library, there will be no listing (The library will show up nothing). I had to do a refresh in the music library to get the songs updated/shown.
- The Playlists!! I have tried creating playlists and it never worked. I did create playlist by adding some songs and gave it a name and I was notified that the playlist was created, but it was there only until the player remained open. When I closed and opened the player next time, the playlists were lost!!
- In games, when I got the mobile, there was car game but I lost it somehow when I added the Memory stick and installed games through it.
- I was expecting a dialer tone. A tone/song for a contact. Its not available. You can set a tone for all and that’s all. This feature was there even in Nokia 1100.
- We cannot see the tower details. i.e the tower location. Only the network provider information is shown. i.e Aircel.
- about a few months (5-6) months after purchasing, I am now facing problems with the FM and the battery.FM doesn’t work at all, which I doubt might be coz its not shock resistant. I think I dropped by mobile down sometimes. It could be the problem, but the battery, Its worse now. It lasts just for 10-12 hours with no calls/sms/fm/music, earlier it used to last till 2 days. Every night during my travel, I start with full battery by the time I wake up mobile would run out of battery.